CAMPO DEI FIORI: UW ROME CENTER VIEW

CAMPO DEI FIORI: UW ROME CENTER VIEW

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday May 15th

Today was just another typical Thursday! We were able to sleep in before we had to catch the bus for service learning at 12:30. This morning Sydney S, Claudia, Rebecca, Lorraine and I left the apartment early to go to this great cafĂ© in Campo Di Fiori that Stephanie recommended to us. It has amazing fresh squeezed juice; a few of us got the ‘pineapple, pear and apple’ flavor. It was so yummy I had two! After that we caught the bus to service learning. I am starting to get attached to some of the kids; it is going to be sad to leave them! Especially because we aren’t able to communicate with them in Italian, I feel bad that we won’t get to say a proper goodbye.

After service learning we had our weekly group dinner. Tonight we had Thai food, and I think lot of us agreed that it was one of our favorite meals since we have been in Rome! We had Pad Thai, fried rice, dumplings, shrimp, curry, beef and vegetables… I think I can speak for everyone when I say I ate way too much. I really enjoy group dinner, it is a nice way for all of us to sit down together in a non-school setting and enjoy each other’s company.


A few of us are heading off to Barcelona for the weekend and I can’t wait to lie on the beach, eat paella, and speak Spanish (even though it may be a little rusty). This week went by really fast… so crazy to think our time in Rome is almost over. Ciao for now!

Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment