CAMPO DEI FIORI: UW ROME CENTER VIEW

CAMPO DEI FIORI: UW ROME CENTER VIEW

Friday, April 25, 2014

Today has been such a beautiful sunny day in Rome! We started off by watching a very unique film in class called Bread and Chocolate. It was about an Italian immigrant who struggles to become a member of the Swiss society but at the end doesn't give up no matter how awful his situation is.

After class a couple of my peers and I headed to buy soccer tickets for the game tonight between Roma and Milan! We waited in line for quite a long time and when we finally reached the entrance the man letting people into the store told us that the tickets were 75 Euros! We were shocked because some of our roommates the day before had gotten their tickets for 45 Euros so that's what we were planning on paying for them. We decided to go inside and see if that was true and to our luck the tickets were 45 Euros! We were so happy and purchased our 5 tickets. The ticket seller spoke Spanish so I was able to have a nice conversation with him while we were making our purchases.  It is really nice when I come across Spanish speakers because back in America I speak Spanish every single day. Here in Rome I haven't been able to and I really miss that. So when I come across someone who knows Spanish I get so happy! It is great getting to know more about them and being able to use my native language once in a while here.

We got some of the best seats in the stadium! We will be sitting in the middle of the first row of the sideline of the stadium! I couldn't be more excited. I have never been to a soccer game in my whole life so having the opportunity to go to one in Rome is beyond amazing! The game will take place tonight at 8:45 pm so my roommates are getting ready right now to head out together. We even got matching Roma T-Shirts to go support the team! This will be a great night!!!! :D :D :D



No comments:

Post a Comment