CAMPO DEI FIORI: UW ROME CENTER VIEW

CAMPO DEI FIORI: UW ROME CENTER VIEW

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday, April 21st

After dealing with downpours in Switzerland and Germany, I found out that my classmates also experienced fierce rain in Rome this weekend.  Therefore, Monday came as a great relief when the sky opened up and the sun was able to warm us all.  For me (and most of my peers, I assume), this was the first full day that I have had no responsibilities or travels to account to.  After a lazy morning, I had an enjoyable lunch and a group of us set off to Villa Pamphili to relax in the sun.  It was a relaxing opportunity to listen to music, write postcards, sun tan, and take a break from the busy days.  Although it was like finding a needle in a haystack, we were able to meet up with some more of the people in our group and we continued to hang out and take pictures.  At one point, I was able to jump in to a circle of people playing volleyball, and it was a fun way to let go and play!
As it was a slow, relaxing day, there isn't much more to say, other than that today was a great chance to recharge.  The weeks go by fast, probably because I don't have time to stop and reflect on them! Nevertheless, this program has been a tremendous experience so far, but I am even more excited to transition into the second half of the quarter!

James Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment